Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Sanjay Tiwari <sa...@gmail.com> on 2020/10/01 03:49:56 UTC

Kafka consumer coming without partition assignment

Hi All,

I am using Kafka version 2.4.0. I have 8 Kafka broker. I am having a topic
with 80 partition and 80 java based consumer.

Sometime I find very stange behaviour on consumer restart i.e. consumer
comes up with no partitions assigned to them.. in log messages appear like
"adding newly assigned partitions : " i.e. empty...

I also verified from kafka-consumer-group script to check member and state
and its showing member as 80 and state as stable. But with verbose option
it is showing assignment as - .

As I am not having any error on the broker logs and consumer logs. Could
not understand what's happening here and under what circumstance this
possible.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards
Sanjay