Posted to kandula-dev@ws.apache.org by Dasarath Weeratunge <dw...@purdue.edu> on 2007/03/28 21:05:49 UTC

Kandula_1 ba patch

Hi Hannes,

There are some(a lot) problems in the BA patch.

Are you sure you are patching against the latest code in SVN? For instance in
the patched code the Coordination context class extends from
org.apache.kandula.wscoor.CoordinationContext where as in the current code it
extends from import org.apache.kandula.wscoor.CoordinationContextType!

Also what's the package at.ac.tuwien.big.xxx.initiatorProtocol? I think we need
to change its placement/naming(xxx???).

What modifications did you make to CallbackRegistry? In the patch I was unable
to patch certain parts of CallbackRegistry and CoordinationService.

If you could, please try to break this patch into several pieces so that we can
integrate the source trees in stages.

Also your code seems to use one of the 2 patches you submitted earlier which I
didn't put in SVN. Do we really need that feature?

Thanks,
--dasarath

Re: Kandula_1 ba patch

Posted by Georg Hicker <ge...@utanet.at>.
Hi Dasarath,
> There are some(a lot) problems in the BA patch.
>
> Are you sure you are patching against the latest code in SVN? For instance in
> the patched code the Coordination context class extends from
> org.apache.kandula.wscoor.CoordinationContext where as in the current code it
> extends from import org.apache.kandula.wscoor.CoordinationContextType!

Well this change is because we used the newest specifications and
therefore changed the wsdl to
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/specification/ws-tx/wscoor.wsdl.
You can find the latest specs at
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/specification/ws-tx/
> Also what's the package at.ac.tuwien.big.xxx.initiatorProtocol? I think we need
> to change its placement/naming(xxx???).

You are completely right, we have to change this namespace, as we used
xxx since we didn't know what the
namespace will be.
> What modifications did you make to CallbackRegistry? In the patch I was unable
> to patch certain parts of CallbackRegistry and CoordinationService.
>
> If you could, please try to break this patch into several pieces so that we can
> integrate the source trees in stages.

As discussed with Hannes, I think, that it's almost impossible to split
the patch into smaller pieces, but we
would be glad to know which errors you get if you want to use the
provided patch. Since we tried it on our
machines with a plain checkout and we found one fault in our patch
concerning the eclipse project files,
so a new patch will follow in jira.. What I want to mention is, that it
is basically necessary to
do a maven build to create all classes. But I think that you are aware
of that. Moreover you have to do all the
ant builds (especially in samples/ba-testsuite and samples/holiday).
Afterwards you have to redo the maven
build so that the jar file is newly generated.
> Also your code seems to use one of the 2 patches you submitted earlier which I
> didn't put in SVN. Do we really need that feature?

I'm not sure to which patch you are referring - I guess "Speed
improvements for ATCoordinator" - ??
No, those modifications are not needed.
In fact, the WS-BA patch also includes many code-style related changes,
e.g. explicitly referring to instance
fields by this.variable and related things that the java compiler may
spit out warnings about.

kind regards,
georg

Re: Kandula_1 ba patch