Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Samit Paul <sp...@ipcelerate.com> on 2005/11/01 02:16:32 UTC

Tomcat 5.5.12 Refresh/Cache problem

Can somebody tell me what configuration parameter I need to set to get rid
of page not refreshing.
I have a png image a.png . When I browse from IE it shows me the image
properly. Now I put a different image but with the same name a.png.
Event if I press the browser refresh button , it still does not refresh the
image. It will only display the new image if I take a new browser. I think
this has to do with the Caching but I'm not sure where to look for. Any help
would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Samit Paul

RE: Tomcat 5.5.12 Refresh/Cache problem

Posted by Samit Paul <sp...@ipcelerate.com>.
Janssen,
Thanks for the reply, but in that case I will run into a separate problem of
clearing up old files so I don't really want to do that.
Samit Paul

is IE caching problem. To avoid caching of images in IE put an extra unique
parameter behind the image source, i.e. the time in milliseconds. So the
browser can never find it again in the cache.

regards,

maarten