Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by David Stuart <da...@axistwelve.com> on 2014/03/02 15:14:30 UTC

Elevation and core create

Hi sorry for the cross post but I got no response in the dev group so assumed I posted in the wrong place.

I am using Solr 3.6 and am trying to automate the deployment of cores with a custom elevate file. It is proving to be difficult as most of the file (schema, stop words etc) support absolute path elevate seems to need to be in either a conf directory as a sibling to data or in the data directory itself. I am able to achieve my goal by having a secondary process that places the file but thought I would as the group just in case I have missed the obvious. Should I move to Solr 4 is it fixed here? I could also go down the root of extending the SolrCore create function to accept additional params and move the file into the defined data directory.

Ideas?

Thanks for your help
David Stuart
M  +44(0) 778 854 2157
T   +44(0) 845 519 5465
www.axistwelve.com
Axis12 Ltd | The Ivories | 6/18 Northampton Street, London | N1 2HY | UK

AXIS12 - Enterprise Web Solutions

Reg Company No. 7215135
VAT No. 997 4801 60

This e-mail is strictly confidential and intended solely for the ordinary user of the e-mail account to which it is addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please inform Axis12 immediately by return e-mail or telephone. We advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient of this e-mail should ensure that it is virus free. We do not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage that may arise from the use of this email or its contents.

Re: Elevation and core create

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Right, that's perfectly appropriate. Feel free to attach unfinished
versions of the patch! Just comment that it's not finished and
people may have time to take a look at what you've done so far
and make comments. Sometimes this saves you from a whole
bunch of work :)...

Best,
Erick

Posted by Axis12 <da...@axistwelve.com>.