Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Daniel Stoch <da...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/06 14:11:55 UTC

Ajax indicator - display delay

Hi all,

When there is some AJAX activity on page we can show ajax indicator
(using AjaxIndicatorAppender and implementing IAjaxIndicatorAware).
My problem is that I want to show such indicator only when ajax
request takes longer than specified amount of time (eg. > 1 second).
But inside a AbstractDefaultAjaxBehavior (1.4.x) such indicator is
shown immediately when request is processed. Is there any solution to
delay displaying indicator (something like AjaxCallThrottlingDecorator
but not for ajax beahvior but for ajax indicator itself)?

--
Best regards,
Daniel

Re: Ajax indicator - display delay

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
Maybe you can monkey patch wicketHide and wicketShow? Make some assumption
that indicator id start as "ind_" and then do an special "delayed" show for
those DOM elements/

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 2:11 PM, Daniel Stoch <da...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> When there is some AJAX activity on page we can show ajax indicator
> (using AjaxIndicatorAppender and implementing IAjaxIndicatorAware).
> My problem is that I want to show such indicator only when ajax
> request takes longer than specified amount of time (eg. > 1 second).
> But inside a AbstractDefaultAjaxBehavior (1.4.x) such indicator is
> shown immediately when request is processed. Is there any solution to
> delay displaying indicator (something like AjaxCallThrottlingDecorator
> but not for ajax beahvior but for ajax indicator itself)?
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Daniel

Regards - Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro