Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by William Blackburn <wj...@mac.com> on 2006/02/07 19:52:19 UTC

Derbydb problems when deploying war to Tomcat

I'm brand new to servicemix and trying out deploying to tomcat using
tomcat 5.5.9, java 1.5, Mac OSX and the (I think) recent developer
src snapshot of 2.0.3  - it builds and runs fine in standalone mode,
I then created the war using maven.

After resolving some minor dependency issues, it almost wants to
work, but persistence for activemq fails because it is trying to use
the root directory for derby:

2006-02-07 18:36:53.161 GMT Thread[main,5,main]
java.io.FileNotFoundException: derby.log (Permission denied)
2006-02-07 18:36:53.300 GMT Thread[main,5,main] Cleanup action starting
ERROR XBM0H: Directory /derbydb cannot be created.

I'm also new to derby, but I've read about starting derby with the
'derby.system.home' property - I can find no mention of this in the
config files in the war file. Can anyone point me in the right
direction? Many thanks in advance.

BJ