Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jason Rust <jr...@rustyparts.com> on 2003/11/05 17:07:15 UTC

Listing deleted files

Is there a way to list all the files in a directory, including the ones
that were deleted?  I know I could parse the log entries for a directory
to find those files that were deleted, but it would be cool if there was
something like svn ls --deleted with the result being a list of files in
the directory (with deleted files being tagged somehow).  Maybe a
post-1.0 feature?

-Jason

Re: Listing deleted files

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.
Jason Rust <jr...@rustyparts.com> writes:

> > Are you talking about in the working copy, or in the repository?
> > I dunno why I asked.  Regardless, this feature is a non-starter.  As I
> > pointed out, if something is deleted (read "removed", "missing",
> > "absent", "not present"), there's nothing to say about it.
>
> I was talking about in the repository.  I'm probably to cvs-innudated,
> but had cvs' Attic feature in the back of my mind.

Alrighty, I see where you're coming from.  And I'm proud of you for
leaving that dead-end town and coming to visit Subversion in the big
city. :-)

'svn log' is the right answer, but I think deep down you already knew
that.

Re: Listing deleted files

Posted by Jason Rust <jr...@rustyparts.com>.

Re: Listing deleted files

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.
Jason Rust <jr...@rustyparts.com> writes:

> Is there a way to list all the files in a directory, including the ones
> that were deleted?

If they were deleted, they aren't in that directory. :-)

> I know I could parse the log entries for a directory to find those
> files that were deleted, but it would be cool if there was something
> like svn ls --deleted with the result being a list of files in the
> directory (with deleted files being tagged somehow).  Maybe a
> post-1.0 feature?

Are you talking about in the working copy, or in the repository?
I dunno why I asked.  Regardless, this feature is a non-starter.  As I
pointed out, if something is deleted (read "removed", "missing",
"absent", "not present"), there's nothing to say about it.

Deletion is an action between states, not a state itself.