Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Noel Leistad - Apache-List <ap...@metc.net> on 2004/07/26 18:09:00 UTC

[users@httpd] conditional config

Linux 2.4.21-9.ELsmp #1 SMP RHAS3.0, httpd v2.0.46

running 2 servers w/ failover using common document root, not NFS.
Document root mounted by serving system. Need httpd to run on both
systems as httpd needed for an admin application.

config specifies custom error_log and custom access_log that lives in
common doc root for hosted customers. When httpd service moved from
machine1 to machine2, httpd won't come up on/stay up on machine1 because
of unmounted custom *_log locations.

Is it possible to have config that loads line conditional IF_MOUNTED or
some alternative similar to that??

I've never seen this kind of example before and I'm not THAT good at
this YET.

Thanks.

Re: [users@httpd] conditional config

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 11:09:00 -0500, Noel Leistad - Apache-List
<ap...@metc.net> wrote:

> Is it possible to have config that loads line conditional IF_MOUNTED or
> some alternative similar to that??

See the <IfDefine> block in httpd.conf.  You can put your directives
inbetween <IfDefine Mounted> ... </IfDefine> and then they will only
be used if you pass "-DMounted" on the command line when starting
apache.

Joshua.