Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de> on 2015/01/01 11:47:34 UTC

Re: Converter#getCalendar(Object, Calendar)

Hi Felix,

Am 31.12.2014 um 15:49 schrieb Felix Schumacher:
> Am 28.12.2014 um 23:53 schrieb sebb:

>> -1
>>
>> I don't think it's a good idea to tamper with this method.
>> There are no unit tests for it, and it is used for preparing the
>> TestBeans.
>>
>> If any subtle changes are introduced it may prove very difficult to
>> debug.
> Very well, the unit tests are there already :) But as you are against
> it, I will not submit the changes. However if anyone likes to look at
> them, I have attached them.

The attachment either got stripped or was missing.

Happy new year,

Rainer

Re: Converter#getCalendar(Object, Calendar)

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.
Am 01.01.2015 um 11:47 schrieb Rainer Jung:
> Hi Felix,
>
> Am 31.12.2014 um 15:49 schrieb Felix Schumacher:
>> Am 28.12.2014 um 23:53 schrieb sebb:
>
>>> -1
>>>
>>> I don't think it's a good idea to tamper with this method.
>>> There are no unit tests for it, and it is used for preparing the
>>> TestBeans.
>>>
>>> If any subtle changes are introduced it may prove very difficult to
>>> debug.
>> Very well, the unit tests are there already :) But as you are against
>> it, I will not submit the changes. However if anyone likes to look at
>> them, I have attached them.
>
> The attachment either got stripped or was missing.
Seems some higher forces are against the patch as well :)

Well, I have put it at
http://people.apache.org/~fschumacher/simplify-date-converter.patch

> Happy new year,
Happy new year