Posted to dev@rave.apache.org by "Ciancetta, Jesse E." <jc...@mitre.org> on 2011/04/15 14:16:14 UTC

cargo:start

Hi All,

Two quick maven related questions:

1) I can't seem to use "mvn cargo:start" -- instead I have to use "mvn org.codehaus.cargo:cargo-maven2-plugin:start" which I found a reference to in the follow mail thread:

http://www.mail-archive.com/users@maven.apache.org/msg116507.html

I tried adding the "<pluginGroup>org.codehaus.cargo</pluginGroup>" to my .m2/settings.xml file as suggested in that thread but it still didn't help.  If anyone knows a quick fix I'd appreciate it, otherwise the longer command seems to be working fine.

2) Does anyone know how to get the shindig instance to use a proxy when running with the cargo:start command?  I know where in shindig to do it (pull the shindig.properties file out of the shindig-common-2.0.2.jar file and drop it at WEB-INF/classes directory and then edit the proxy configuration line) however I can't seem to find the right place to do this.  I've found about five different places where an expanded version of the shindig deployment exists under the root of my rave project and I've added the modified shindig.properties file to all of them but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

I know the brute force method of just dropping the modified config file in place probably isn't the best way to go (aside from the fact that it doesn't seem to work!) but I was just trying to do something quick to get going.  If anyone has any pointers for either a quick hack to make it work or the "right" way to do it with maven I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

--Jesse

Re: cargo:start

Posted by Woonsan Ko <wo...@yahoo.com>.
> 1) I can't seem to use "mvn cargo:start" -- instead I have
> to use "mvn org.codehaus.cargo:cargo-maven2-plugin:start"
> which I found a reference to in the follow mail thread:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/users@maven.apache.org/msg116507.html
>
> I tried adding the
> "<pluginGroup>org.codehaus.cargo</pluginGroup>"
> to my .m2/settings.xml file as suggested in that thread but
> it still didn't help.  If anyone knows a quick fix I'd
> appreciate it, otherwise the longer command seems to be
> working fine.
>
> 2) Does anyone know how to get the shindig instance to use
> a proxy when running with the cargo:start command?  I
> know where in shindig to do it (pull the shindig.properties
> file out of the shindig-common-2.0.2.jar file and drop it at
> WEB-INF/classes directory and then edit the proxy
> configuration line) however I can't seem to find the right
> place to do this.  I've found about five different
> places where an expanded version of the shindig deployment
> exists under the root of my rave project and I've added the
> modified shindig.properties file to all of them but it
> doesn't seem to make any difference.
>
> I know the brute force method of just dropping the modified
> config file in place probably isn't the best way to go
> (aside from the fact that it doesn't seem to work!) but I
> was just trying to do something quick to get going.  If
> anyone has any pointers for either a quick hack to make it
> work or the "right" way to do it with maven I'd appreciate
> it.

Maybe this one could help. I found this in [1].

$ mvn cargo:start -Dhttp.proxyHost=proxydomain -Dhttp.proxyPort=proxyport

[1] http://jessehu.wordpress.com/2008/06/04/tips-about-proxy-setting-in-shindig/