Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Andy Pahne <ap...@big1.de> on 2003/03/13 14:18:09 UTC

automatic form validation not available in IE

hi,

I am developing web applications for five years now, using PHP, ASP,
Zope and some Perl. More and more often I find that the applications
demanded by the customers grow and get more complex.

Looking for alternatives I downloaded and tested Struts and Tapestry.

I found out that both frameworks fail to correctly (client-side)
validate form input in Internet Explorer. And I used the example forms
provided with these frameworks!

I quite can't understand why something like that can happen in a release
version? A framework that does not support IE correctly is useless in a
real world envirnonment. Internet Explorer is the most used browser out
there.

This is not about the pros and cons of this and that browser. This is about
usability.

Andy Pahne
ap@big1.de

RE: automatic form validation not available in IE

Posted by Bill Lear <ra...@zopyra.com>.
On Thursday, March 13, 2003 at 09:41:59 (-0500) Howard M. Lewis Ship writes:
>A few weeks ago, I posted a message about abuse of the mailing lists.
>
>This is a perfect example.

Amen, Brother.

Bill

AW: automatic form validation not available in IE - again

Posted by Andy Pahne <ap...@big1.de>.

Changing the properties file is one good idea, but the problem also occurs
when I select "English" as locale in the workbench. Although I did that
there are still those strings of the german properties file in the generated
HTML-source.

I'll think about which list to use next time.

Bye

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@attbi.com>.

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@attbi.com>.