Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@adeptra.com> on 2003/08/06 21:28:44 UTC

[geronimo] geronimo website

I'd like to update the geronimo pages on the incubator site to provide
more info.  Can someone email me (privately if you wish) and let me
know how?

geir

Adeptra, Inc.                                       203-434-2093(m)
geirm@adeptra.com                                   203-247-1713(m)

Re: Updating the incubator site

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 01:34:49AM +0200, Sander Striker wrote:
> [...]

Thanks, Sander. I've tossed it.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

> On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 11:01:53PM +0100, Paul Hammant wrote:
> > Greg,
> >
> > >Paul -- please set your umask [on login] to enable group-write on the files
> > >in /www/incubator.apache.org. It is making it very difficult for others to
> > >update the site :-)
> > >

> > I've 755'd all in my name. I think that is enough..
>
> Yup. Looks good, thanks.
>
> Altho... I just discovered that Nicola Ken has got some bad files down in
> there, too. He just needs to toss projects/DELETE-ME-ftpserver.

Perms should be fixed there.  IOW, anyone in 'incubator' is able to whack
it.

Sander

Re: Updating the incubator site

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.

RE: Updating the incubator site (Re: [geronimo] geronimo website)

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Paul,

Check your login scripts.  Your umask is 022.  It should be 002.

	--- Noel

Re: Updating the incubator site (Re: [geronimo] geronimo website)

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@ThoughtWorks.net>.
Greg,

>Paul -- please set your umask [on login] to enable group-write on the files
>in /www/incubator.apache.org. It is making it very difficult for others to
>update the site :-)

I've 755'd all in my name. I think that is enough..

- Paul

--
http://www.thoughtworks.com -> The art of heavy lifting.
Home for many Agile practicing, Open Source activists...

Re: Updating the incubator site (Re: [geronimo] geronimo website)

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@ThoughtWorks.net>.
Greg,

>Paul -- please set your umask [on login] to enable group-write on the files
>in /www/incubator.apache.org. It is making it very difficult for others to
>update the site :-)

Will do.

-ph

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 03:12:37PM -0700, Jeff Turner wrote:
> > The instructions say that the PDFs will be regenerated, but that is
> > happening on my machine. Is there a missing component? Or a separate
> > command to run? Different config/param somewhere?
>
> It's a bug in CVS Forrest's handling of 0.4-vintage sites, which I fixed
> last night.  Please 'cd xml-forrest; cvs update ; ./build.sh'

That worked for me! Thanks, Jeff.

Cheers,
-g

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 02:04:36PM -0700, Greg Stein wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 12:45:21AM +1000, Jeff Turner wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 03:28:44PM -0400, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> > > I'd like to update the geronimo pages on the incubator site to provide
> > > more info.  Can someone email me (privately if you wish) and let me
> > > know how?
> >
> > I've added a page documenting this.  When the site refreshes, it will
> > appear at:
> >
> > http://incubator.apache.org/updating_docs.html
>
> The instructions say that the PDFs will be regenerated, but that is
> happening on my machine. Is there a missing component? Or a separate
> command to run? Different config/param somewhere?

It's a bug in CVS Forrest's handling of 0.4-vintage sites, which I fixed
last night.  Please 'cd xml-forrest; cvs update ; ./build.sh'

--Jeff

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@ThoughtWorks.net>.
Geir,

>>> http://incubator.apache.org/updating_docs.html
>>

>> Site now updated.
>

> Thx - problem is, I didn't check in the html and pdf - I figured that
> you'd use forrest to regen.  Can it be done again?

This time genned and updated. Great work.
Sigh, my hastily penned words did not last long!

- Paul

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@adeptra.com>.

Posted by Paul Hammant <pa...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.