Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by rajivkumarnandvani <ra...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/12 07:45:51 UTC

does jmeter make any difference when run from Different OS with same configuration ?

Hi  All,

I know jmeter java based.
Does jmeter make any difference when run from Different OS with same
configuration?

Like run from MAC OS OR windows OS.

thanks

-----

rajivkumarnandvani

Re: does jmeter make any difference when run from Different OS with same configuration ?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 12 January 2011 09:08, Mariusz W <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 9:29 AM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 12 January 2011 08:06, Mariusz W <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> > Two days ago I ran Jmeter (2.4 and 2.3.4) on Amacone EC2 - Windows, Xeon,
>> > Java SE 6 Update 23 (tried 32bit or 64bit) - Retrive all embedded
>> resources
>> > is ON - keep alive on server side is OFF. Elapsed Times (avg, max, min)
>> > where not real - 1 sample, 1 thread showed time 2 or 3 times real elapsed
>> > time (which I measure by stopwatch). I found that every run some css, js,
>> > jpg... has loaded time very high (there were about 80 static content
>> files
>> > and each run other file had that false high load time ). During test
>> outside
>> > ec2 everything is ok. My question is - Do You use Jmeter from cloud
>> > (especially ec2)? Anybody have seen such error?
>>
>> When you run tests outside EC2, was the network route to the target
>> host the same?
>>

> No
>

>> What do you mean when you say the time is very high on EC2?
>> What is the time otherwise?
>>
>> For example, if EC2 reports a time of 10ms and other time is 1ms, then
>> the ratio is 10 times, but the absolute difference is 9ms, which is
>> similar to timer resolution, and so is not significant.
>>

> From ec2 >100sec (it was shown in Jmeter 2.4)  and >200 sec. on Jmeter
> 2.3.4. - when I check on mobile stopwatch (real time) it was 20 sec (on
> transaction controller) and max 1 sec on that wrong css,jpg, js request on
> server side in accesslog.

That sounds like network problems accessing the server host from EC2.

Try running a simple (short) test accessing a public server such as
www.amazon.com or google from EC2 and see what JMeter times are like
then.

Posted by Mariusz W <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mariusz W <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
In theory it shouldnt.

Posted by Deepak Goel <de...@gmail.com>.
Hey

Namaskara~Nalama~Guten Tag

A little bit of performance here and there

Deepak
   --
Keigu

Deepak
+91-9765089593
deicool@gmail.com
http://www.simtree.net

Skype: thumsupdeicool
Google talk: deicool
Blog: http://loveandfearless.wordpress.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/deicool

"Contribute to the world, environment and more : http://www.gridrepublic.org
"

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 12:15 PM, rajivkumarnandvani <