Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Cliff <cc...@gbg.com> on 2006/12/19 21:17:27 UTC

Archiva almost works

Help!

I'm trying to replace Maven-proxy with Archiva but I'm not having much luck.
I thought I set everything up correctly since I'm able to perform searches
on our local artifacts but for some reason whenever I try to download
something from archiva I get 404 errors. It looks like archiva is finding
the artifact for our project in its local folder but then looking for them
on the ibiblio proxy repo that I configured. I tried removing the proxy from
the configuration but I still get the 404 errors. Could somebody help me?

Re: Archiva almost works

Posted by Michael Horwitz <mi...@gmail.com>.
I battled with this myself for quite a while. Just to be clear:

1) You set up a repo called managed_repo which is a maven 1/maven 2 repo
that can be accessed via the webdav URL using a user name and password.
2) You have added at least one proxy (this is important) to this repo.
3) You access the repo via a url like
http://host:port/archiva/proxy/managed_repo (note: NOT the proxy repo id).

You should be able to test it by pointing a browser at the url and trying to
download an artifact you know is in the proxied repo. Take a look in the
logs to see if anything is happening - you will find a log under the
exploded WEB-INF directory.

Mike.

On 12/20/06, Cliff <cc...@gbg.com> wrote:

> Still no good. I just tried using all combinations of the archiva/proxy
> URL
> including archiva/proxy/repo_id, archiva/proxy/repo_id/repo-url-suffix,
> archiva/proxy/repo-url-suffix all of them with and without a URL suffix
> assigned to the repo instance. Is there any work being done to make this
> less painful? I almost feel like digging into the source myself if I
> didn't
> already have a dozen other overly complicated projects going on.
>

> Michael Horwitz wrote:
> >
> > The snippet offereded is wrong (at least as I remember it). I don't have
> > access to my archiva install at the moment, but the url must be of the
> > form
> > /archiva/proxy/repo_id where repo_id is the id you assigned to your
> > managed
> > repository.
> >
> > Mike.
> >
> > On 12/20/06, Cliff <cc...@gbg.com> wrote:
> >>

> >> I use the one provided through archiva itself under managed
> repositories
> >> ->
> >> POM snippet drop-down. I paste that into my settings.xml as my default
> >> profile and also in my POM and Maven constructs the final URL when it
> >> attempts to access archiva. I copy that URL from the cmd console and
> >> paste
> >> it into my browser to doulbe check and indeed it fails. I also try
> >> browsing
> >> archiva the normal way with my browser and pulling up the resource
> using
> >> the
> >> search dialog. After I navigate to the resouce in question clicking the
> >> download button throws another 404. The base URL is:
> >> http://shared-server.com:port/archiva/repository/
> >> where shared-server and port is the actual server DNS names and bound
> >> port
> >> number. (It's not a DNS issue otherwise I would not be able to access
> >> archiva at all from my browser using the DNS name. Also raw IP gives
> the
> >> same results.)

> much
> download
> >> finding
> for
> >> proxy
> help
> >> me?
> >> >>

> >> --

Antwort: Re: Archiva almost works

Posted by Aa...@Globus.ch.
Hello,

> Still no good. I just tried using all combinations of the archiva/proxy
URL
> including archiva/proxy/repo_id, archiva/proxy/repo_id/repo-url-suffix,
> archiva/proxy/repo-url-suffix all of them with and without a URL suffix
> assigned to the repo instance. Is there any work being done to make this
> less painful? I almost feel like digging into the source myself if I
didn't
> already have a dozen other overly complicated projects going on.

I had the same problem. My solution was to write my own proxy which I
could use with <proxy> in settings.xml and not use Archiva as a mirror.

I'll clean the code and put it online next week. Maybe it can be merged
with Archiva but it works perfectly alongside with it.

Aaron Digulla

Re: Archiva almost works

Posted by Cliff <cc...@gbg.com>.

Re: Archiva almost works