Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by "Tseytlin, Keren" <Ke...@capitalone.com> on 2016/09/01 14:57:16 UTC

Re: Nifi Cross Account Download With A Profile Flag

Thanks for your responses!

@James - we are on version 0.6.0. Using Hortonworks Data Flow 1.2.0.0.

I¹ve set up debugging, and it shows me that it¹s trying to connect, but it
times out on connecting. It would be awesome if it would also return the
account ID of the credentials it is trying to use.

Is there any way to see the exact keys/tokens that Nifi is trying to use
to get the S3 object? I¹m not seeing it in the logs.

I tried to set the Profile in Nifi, but it complains that it¹s not a valid
property.

Best,
Keren

Posted by Craig Insley <cr...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

This is an old thread but I'm having the same issue on 1.9.2. I have cross
account access with an assumed role working just fine with the aws command
line using a profile tag. However, no matter how I configure
my AWSCredentialsProviderControllerService I get errors.

Using the profile tag only I get a 403.
Using a combination of the profile tag for credentials and the Assume Role
settings, I get  "The security token included in the request is invalid."
Setting the credentials and Assume Role settings explicitly in the
controller service I get the same "The security token included in the
request is invalid."
Using a credentials file, I get the same "The security token included in
the request is invalid."

I do have an External ID. I really hope I am just missing something. Any
help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Craig

Posted by James Wing <jv...@gmail.com>.
Keren,

Posted by "Tseytlin, Keren" <Ke...@capitalone.com>.
Hey James,

No problem. I’ve tried running a bunch of different ways to do it manually
to try and avoid the CLI profile flag. But it seems like that is the only
it works locally (without Nifi). My cross account role doesn’t require an
External ID, and that feature doesn’t exist in 0.6.0 either.

An small portion of the logs are below. The logs show that it starts to
attempt to get the S3 object, it times out on assuming the
role/credentials, and then fails.

at
com.amazonaws.auth.STSAssumeRoleSessionCredentialsProvider.startSession(STS
AssumeRoleSessionCredentialsProvider.java:272)
[aws-java-sdk-sts-1.10.32.jar:na]
       	at
com.amazonaws.auth.STSAssumeRoleSessionCredentialsProvider.getCredentials(S
TSAssumeRoleSessionCredentialsProvider.java:247)
[aws-java-sdk-sts-1.10.32.jar:na]
       	at
com.amazonaws.auth.STSAssumeRoleSessionCredentialsProvider.getCredentials(S
TSAssumeRoleSessionCredentialsProvider.java:34)
[aws-java-sdk-sts-1.10.32.jar:na]
       	at
com.amazonaws.services.securitytoken.AWSSecurityTokenServiceClient.invoke(A
WSSecurityTokenServiceClient.java:1098) [aws-java-sdk-sts-1.10.32.jar:na]
       	at
com.amazonaws.services.securitytoken.AWSSecurityTokenServiceClient.assumeRo

Posted by James Wing <jv...@gmail.com>.
Keren,