Posted to dev@clerezza.apache.org by Reto Bachmann-Gmür <re...@apache.org> on 2011/07/12 02:40:47 UTC

[VOTE] release apache clerezza parent and release-profile modules

Hi there,

I suggest we release clerezza parent and all the modules in the
release profile as per svn revision 1145401.

[ ] +1 Yes, please release
[ ] +0 No time to review
[ ] -1 Something wrong

Cheers,
Reto

Re: [VOTE] release apache clerezza parent and release-profile modules

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmür <me...@farewellutopia.com>.
On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 5:08 PM, Reto Bachmann-Gmür
<me...@farewellutopia.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 10:39 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz
> <bd...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hi Reto,
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 2:40 AM, Reto Bachmann-Gmür <re...@apache.org> wrote:
>>> ...I suggest we release clerezza parent and all the modules in the
>>> release profile as per svn revision 1145401....
>>
>> That's not how it works - Apache releases consist of (usually .tar.gz)
>> archives of source code, so you (or whoever's taking the role of the
>> release manager) have to prepare those archives for the Clerezza PPMC
>> and Incubator PMC to vote on them.
>>
>> See
>> http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html
>> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html
>> http://sling.apache.org/site/release-management.html (as an example of
>> how we do it in Sling)
>>
>> You could for example put the suggested artifacts (created from an svn
>> tag) under http://people.apache.org/~reto/something and post their
>> URLs and md5 or other digests here so that we can check them and vote.
>
> http://people.apache.org/~reto/clerezza-relese-201107/
> Does this look ok?
>
> I'm not sure about the tag, I could svn copy the parent to tag, but
> not all of the modules in parent are part of the release. I was hoping
> the mvn:release plugin would take care of that.

Indeed it did, the tag is parent-0.2-incubating, I think I should have
better named it clerezza-201107, but I'm not sure if renaming it now
might confuse the release plugin.

Reto

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmür <me...@farewellutopia.com>.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.