Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Christian Haul <ha...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de> on 2003/08/01 16:26:58 UTC

deprecate DOMUtil.node2String and friends ?

Team,

picking up the thread on invalid XML produced by DOMUtil.node2String
and the fact that XMLUtils.serializeNodeToXML covers the same
functionality, I would like to deprecate the node2String* methods in
DOMUtil and make them point to XMLUtils.serializeNodeToXML
instead. The methods seems to be used only by DocumentWrapper which
adds a useful toString() method to any Document.
Of course we could just remove the methods from DOMUtil as well...

Thoughts?

	Chris.
--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l