Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Avi Alkalay <av...@br.ibm.com> on 1999/01/26 03:27:26 UTC

os-aix/3764: Can't compile apache as a shared core

>Number:         3764
>Category:       os-aix
>Synopsis:       Can't compile apache as a shared core
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I want to compile apache, make a binary package and remove the source.
I don't want to recompile it every time I'll add a new module
(e.g. mod_perl, mod_php, mod_ssl).

It seems I have to compile apache with a shared core to do that. It worked
on linux but not on an AIX box.

I got errors when linking the libhttpd.so:

ld -H512 -T512 -bhalt:4 -bM:SRE -bnoentry -bI:./support/httpd.exp -bE:`echo libhttpd.so|sed -e 's:\.so$:.exp:'` -lc -o libhttpd.so buildmark.o modules.o modules/standard.a main/libmain.a ./os/unix/libpos.a ap/libap.a regex/libregex.a
ld: 0706-004 Cannot find or read export file: libhttpd.exp
	ld:accessx(): No such file or directory

AIX needs a file for exported symbols(?) with .exp extension. I can't see it in
the distribution. I just found src/support/httpd.exp.

What is the --enable-rule=SHARED_CHAIN option to ./configure?
>How-To-Repeat:
Just do this:

CC="gcc -D_LONG_LONG" \
./configure --enable-all --enable-module=all --enable-shared=max \
	--enable-rule=SHARED_CORE --enable-rule=SHARED_CHAIN
make