Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Gene Heskett <ge...@verizon.net> on 2008/09/27 15:57:16 UTC

sa-update?

Greetings;

I fired off this script, named sa-update.cron, but which has been disabled in
the crontab since someone here said it was a waste of time, and now it seems
to be hung.  Running it as root this time.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Re: sa-update?

Posted by Gene Heskett <ge...@verizon.net>.
On Monday 29 September 2008, Matthias Haegele wrote:
>Gene Heskett schrieb:
>> Greetings;
>>
>> I fired off this script, named sa-update.cron, but which has been disabled
>> in the crontab since someone here said it was a waste of time, and now it
>> seems to be hung.  Running it as root this time.
>
>Maybe you want to run sa-update -D or check your logs for hints why it
>may be hung ...

That turned out to be pure CRS.  When I wrote that script, I had put a
sleep(rand(7200)) at the top in order to randomize the actual run time,
tryinjg to be good to the servers.  My bad, give me the usual 30 lashes with
a wet noodle.

The logs are silent, and it ran very quickly when I killed the sleep.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Re: sa-update?

Posted by Matthias Haegele <mh...@linuxrocks.dyndns.org>.
Gene Heskett schrieb:
> Greetings;
>
> I fired off this script, named sa-update.cron, but which has been disabled in
> the crontab since someone here said it was a waste of time, and now it seems
> to be hung.  Running it as root this time.

Maybe you want to run sa-update -D or check your logs for hints why it
may be hung ...

--
Gruesse/Greetings
MH