Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Stephan Meinl <st...@meinl-concepts.de> on 2004/06/09 22:17:32 UTC

SXW samples in 2.1.5

Hello,
can someone (who has installed OpenOffice.org-Writer) please try
".../samples/hello-world/hello.sxw" sample in Cocoon 2.1.5. I have installed
Cocoon 2.1.5 on several machines with different JRE's but only get a
message, that an api-call to OOW ended with in error. It worked fine with
2.1.4.
Thank you very much for an answer.
Regards,
Stephan

Re: SXW samples in 2.1.5

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 09.06.2004 22:17, Stephan Meinl wrote:

> Hello,
> can someone (who has installed OpenOffice.org-Writer) please try
> ".../samples/hello-world/hello.sxw" sample in Cocoon 2.1.5. I have installed
> Cocoon 2.1.5 on several machines with different JRE's but only get a
> message, that an api-call to OOW ended with in error. It worked fine with
> 2.1.4.

My German Open Office 1.1.1 crashes too.

Joerg

Re: SXW samples in 2.1.5

Posted by Michael McDonnell <mi...@winterstorm.ca>.
Stephan Meinl wrote:

>Hello,
>can someone (who has installed OpenOffice.org-Writer) please try
>".../samples/hello-world/hello.sxw" sample in Cocoon 2.1.5. I have installed
>Cocoon 2.1.5 on several machines with different JRE's but only get a
>message, that an api-call to OOW ended with in error. It worked fine with
>2.1.4.

It works fine for me.  This is what was on the server:

    * cocoon 2.1.5
    * jakarta-tomcat 5.0.25
    * j2sdk 1.4.2_04
    * redhat linux 9 server

I was able to visit the hello.sxw URL using Mozilla 1.6 and opened the
document in OpenOffice 1.1.0 on Fedora Core 1.

--
Michael McDonnell, GCIA
Winterstorm Solutions, Inc.

RE: SXW samples in 2.1.5

Posted by Stephan Meinl <st...@meinl-concepts.de>.
Thanks a lot for your quick response.
I compared the jars used in 2.1.5 to 2.1.4. When I use xalan-2.5.2.jar
instead of the new xalan-2.6.0 shipped with 2.1.5 everything works fine and
OpenOffice-Writer opens the document.(JRE 1.4.1_02 and OpenOffice 1.1.1 on
Win2k) So, for now I'm happy ;-)
Stephan

Re: SXW samples in 2.1.5

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 09.06.2004 22:17, Stephan Meinl wrote:

> Hello,
> can someone (who has installed OpenOffice.org-Writer) please try
> ".../samples/hello-world/hello.sxw" sample in Cocoon 2.1.5. I have installed
> Cocoon 2.1.5 on several machines with different JRE's but only get a
> message, that an api-call to OOW ended with in error. It worked fine with
> 2.1.4.

I will have a look, your first mail on this topic was still on my todo
:) But from that first mail I got the impression that Open Office has
changed (i.e. expects other input), not Cocoon (i.e. delivers other output).

Joerg