Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Edward Johnson <Ed...@upaq.com> on 2001/08/13 17:32:15 UTC

problem with German umlauts or French accents

I have a similar problem as mex who posted in June.
We have problems with user-ids containing german characters (so-called
'Umlaute'), eg. 'ÖÄÜ' HttpServletRequest.getRemoteUser() returns only the
string up-to the first umlaut, eg. for user 'MMÄHHH' we get only 'MM'. Our
environment is also: Tomcat 3.2.1 + mod_jk + Apache 1.3.19.
Any ideas or solutions from German users ??

Regards
Edward Johnson
UPAQ Ltd.
email	edward.johnson@upaq.com