Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Xintong Song <to...@gmail.com> on 2022/04/28 05:39:09 UTC

[DISCUSS] DockerHub repository maintainers

Hi devs,

I'd like to start a discussion about maintainers for DockerHub repositories
under the *apache* namespace [1].

Currently, the Flink community maintains various repositories (flink,
flink-statefun, flink-statefun-playground, and flink-kubernetes-operator)
on DockerHub under the *apache* namespace. There's a limitation on how many
members the *apache* namespace can add, and recently INFRA is complaining
about Flink taking too many places [2][3]. They would like us to reduce our
maintainers from 20 now to 5.

Jingsong and I would like to volunteer as two of the maintainers, and we
would like to learn who else wants to join us. While any committer may
serve as one of the maintainers, it's probably nice to also involve at
least one maintainer from statefun and one from kubernetes-operator.

What do you think?

Thank you~

Xintong Song

[1] https://hub.docker.com/orgs/apache

Re: [DISCUSS] DockerHub repository maintainers

Posted by Xintong Song <to...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for volunteering, Marton.

Since the discussion has been open for quite long and no one else is
volunteering, I'll reply to the INFRA with the list of 4 maintainers
(Xintong, Jinsong, Till, Marton).

Thank you~

Xintong Song

Posted by Márton Balassi <ba...@gmail.com>.