Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Aaron Kaplan <Aa...@xrce.xerox.com> on 2008/08/27 13:56:00 UTC

XmiCollectionReader

Is it possible to use XmiCollectionReader in a CPE?  I don't see any way
to configure a type system, and without a type system I of course get
"unknown type" errors.

-Aaron

Re: XmiCollectionReader

Posted by Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com>.
You could also just modify the one line of code in
$UIMA_HOME/examples/src/org/apache/uima/examples/xmi/XmiCollectionReader.java

from
   XmiCasDeserializer.deserialize(inputStream, aCAS);
   XmiCasDeserializer.deserialize(inputStream, aCAS, true);

Eddie

Re: XmiCollectionReader

Posted by Aaron Kaplan <Aa...@xrce.xerox.com>.
Eddie Epstein wrote:
> The XmiCollectionReader add no new types, but the CPE type system is created
> by merging the TS from all CPE components. Do your other CPE components
> include TS entries for the XmiCas content?

Oh, right, I see.  The annotator only knows about some of the types in
the XMI file, not all of them.  This is directly related to the
suggestion I made recently on the issue tracker that the CVD should
ignore types it doesn't know about when loading an XMI CAS (use the
"lenient" option of the deserialize method).  Maybe the same thing would
be a good idea for the XmiCollectionReader.

In any case, now I see how I can work around the problem.
Thanks
-Aaron

Re: XmiCollectionReader

Posted by Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com>.
Hi Aaron,

The XmiCollectionReader add no new types, but the CPE type system is created
by merging the TS from all CPE components. Do your other CPE components
include TS entries for the XmiCas content?

Eddie