Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ne...@swisslab.de on 2007/02/19 14:40:31 UTC

DBCP Logging

Hello List,

I've configured DBCP on my Tomcat 5.5.20 Installation.
    <Resource name="jdbc/myDB"
              auth="Container"
              type="javax.sql.DataSource"
         maxActive="10"
           maxIdle="2"
           maxWait="10000"
          username="aUser"
          password="secret"
   driverClassName="com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.SybDriver"
           factory="org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory"
               url="jdbc:sybase:Tds:194.111.13.30:5000/?charset=iso_1" />

This runs great and I'm really happy with it until it comes to logging
and/or monitoring.
What do I have to do if I want to know the state of the connection pool? How
can I see how many connections are currently in use? Or - more generally -
How can I set up logging for the pool?

Thanks!

Jan

Re: DBCP Logging

Posted by Yannick Haudry <yh...@gmail.com>.
If your datasource is not managed through your container but
application driven, I guess Lambda probe (which is a great
application) will not be able to give you information about it ? Is
there a way to programmatically log the number of connections in use,
etc ... ?

Thanks
Yannick

Re: DBCP Logging