Posted to users@maven.apache.org by bshepherd <br...@ngc.com> on 2009/07/10 15:55:13 UTC

Filesize changes during assembly

I have a Solaris executable checked in to my subversion repository. When I
build on windows via maven, all is fine. When I build on Red Hat (server
where Hudson performs the build), the file size is the wrong size.

File size in the repository is 753004. After build on Red Hat, the file size
in the assembled directory/tar  is 956776.

After the build, I did a find and noticed the file (capturepacket2) is in
several locations:

find . -name "capturepacket2"
./pbsn-distribution/target/pbsn-distribution-2.0-SNAPSHOT-export-pcs.dir/npp_pbsn/bin/capturepacket2
./pbsn-distribution/target/pbsn-distribution-2.0-SNAPSHOT-export-lds.dir/npp_pbsn/bin/capturepacket2
./pbsn-distribution/target/archive-tmp/fileSetFormatter.1359454028.tmp/capturepacket2
./pbsn-distribution/target/archive-tmp/fileSetFormatter.1660537483.tmp/capturepacket2
./pbsn-distribution/target/archive-tmp/fileSetFormatter.1413606523.tmp/capturepacket2
./pbsn-distribution/target/archive-tmp/fileSetFormatter.573642392.tmp/capturepacket2
./pbsn/src/main/exec/capturepacket2

Files size for ./pbsn/src/main/exec/capturepacket2 is correct. All other
directories have the filesize as larger.

The file used to be named capturepacket. Trying to solve this thing thinking
I might have a rouge copy someplace, I change the file name to
capturepacket2, but I get the same result.

Any Ideas?