Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jerry K <ap...@oryx.cc> on 2004/10/01 23:36:34 UTC

[users@httpd] tracking bandwidth used per virtual site in httpd 2.0.x

I am looking for a way to track bandwidth used per virtual site in apache httpd
2.0.x .  I see there are modules such as mod_bandwidth which are for limiting
peak bandwidth usage.  I am not looking for this.

I am hoping for something where I can give stats such as

vsite-1 used 1.2 Gb
vsite-2 used 9.7 Gb
vsite-3 used 7.2 Gb
and so on

can anyone suggest a method of performing this?

Thanks,

Jerry K

Re: [users@httpd] tracking bandwidth used per virtual site in httpd 2.0.x

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 16:36:34 -0500, Jerry K <ap...@oryx.cc> wrote:
> I am looking for a way to track bandwidth used per virtual site in apache httpd
> 2.0.x .  I see there are modules such as mod_bandwidth which are for limiting
> peak bandwidth usage.  I am not looking for this.
>
> I am hoping for something where I can give stats such as
>
> vsite-1 used 1.2 Gb
> vsite-2 used 9.7 Gb
> vsite-3 used 7.2 Gb
> and so on
>
> can anyone suggest a method of performing this?

Use mod_logio from apache 2 to write the bandwidth to your access log
and then use a log post-processor to count up the totals.  Most log
analysis programs will do this for you, or a simple perl script would
also work.

Joshua.