Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by David Cargill <ca...@ca.ibm.com> on 2004/09/02 22:21:00 UTC

Fw: Xerces-C Release Policy & Coding Conventions

Hi,
Earlier this year (Feb 9th to be precise) Alberto posted the "informal"
release policy for Xerces-C (
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xerces-c-dev&m=107632550720436&w=2).  I
have taken this information and created a new faq-contributing.xml file to
be included in the doc directory.  I also included a section on Coding
Conventions in this file to describe what I think are the main coding
conventions being used in Xerces-C.

Here is the html version of the file (after running createDocs.bat):

 (See attached file: faq-contributing.html)

I welcome feedback on the release policies and coding conventions.

Committers: I am hoping to be able to include this file in the Xerces-C 2.6
GA later this month.  So in a few weeks I will request a vote on adopting
the release policies and coding conventions.  Thanks.

Regards,
David A. Cargill
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab