Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Karthik <ka...@xius.org> on 2006/05/11 09:37:44 UTC

PLAIN SIMPLE JSP TESTING

Hi

Apologies.....

I am a new to this form.

Please, Please, Please Some body  explain to me (STEP BY STEP PROCESS),
HOW to Test a Simple JSP Page ( NON MVC / NON STRUTS /NON BEANS USED) hosted
on TOMCAT5
Server

Note:  I checked Cactus website more then 10 times allover the web
Site,Maillist,FAQ,API's
       I Could still not understand how to write and execute a simple JSP
Pages ONLY

with regards
Karthik

RE: PLAIN SIMPLE JSP TESTING

Posted by Kenney Westerhof <fo...@neonics.com>.
On Sun, 14 May 2006, Vincent Massol wrote:

> > Cactus is meant to execute JUnit tests in a J2EE container.
> > JSP Pages are not unit tests.
>
> True although Cactus can also perform tests of JSP because it has the
> ability to change the server-side objects used by the JSPs. See
> http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/writing/howto_jsp.html.

Indeed - my reply was a bit too short and gave the wrong impression. I
apologize. Lucky for me I wasn't entirely wrong - you still need to write
a unit test to test a JSP page :)

[snip]

-- Kenney

RE: PLAIN SIMPLE JSP TESTING

Posted by Karthik <ka...@xius.org>.
Hi Form

  I did not get to see any WEb application tests case examples in the Zip
folder  dwnloaded from Cactus main web site.

  Mr Ryan , Am awaiting for u'r Earliest response on How to test simple
plain JSP in cactus enviuornament.

with regards
Karthik

Im not sure if this helps but i did notice that Cactus does have some JSP
examples and tests in the samples that are downloaded with the project.  I
to am
in the same boat and if I figure out how to run theses tests I will let you
know.

-Ryan

Re: PLAIN SIMPLE JSP TESTING

RE: PLAIN SIMPLE JSP TESTING

Posted by Karthik <ka...@xius.org>.
Hi Form

  This is what exactly am looking at Cactus,
  The prefference would be to test at those JSP links  from a larger SLDC
process.
  Either hosed on the J2EE container  or  web container JSP are on my top
priority to be tested.

  I even looked at the
"http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/writing/howto_jsp.html."

  but still in confusion with the FILL IN BLNKS "[.....]" present in those
pages.

  Please  All I need  u guy's to help me is  just give me a
  full step by step process writing  a  Test Case for a simple 2 JSP ( NON
MVC / NON STRUTS /NON BEANS USED)

 [ May be something like a simple login page... ]

  This may be a spoon feeder fo u guys ,still need the basic help to sort
this problem.

  I also think CACTUS site  needs some basic "JSP test cases examples " on
the web site.

with regards
Karthik

> Cactus is meant to execute JUnit tests in a J2EE container.
> JSP Pages are not unit tests.

True although Cactus can also perform tests of JSP because it has the
ability to change the server-side objects used by the JSPs. See
http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/writing/howto_jsp.html.

That said, I'm not sure this is what Karthik is looking for and I agree that
a functional testing framework would probably be more appropriate...

-Vincent

RE: PLAIN SIMPLE JSP TESTING

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.

Faites de Yahoo! votre page d'accueil sur le web pour retrouver directement vos services pr�f�r�s : v�rifiez vos nouveaux mails, lancez vos recherches et suivez l'actualit� en temps r�el.
Rendez-vous sur http://fr.yahoo.com/set

RE: PLAIN SIMPLE JSP TESTING

Posted by Kenney Westerhof <fo...@neonics.com>.

RE: PLAIN SIMPLE JSP TESTING