Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Leon Messerschmidt <le...@lonelyplanet.com.au> on 2007/09/24 00:38:05 UTC

Re: 3967 errors: compile roller for Debian install to replace Blojsom blog

Hi David,

I haven't used Debian for a while, but as far as I can recall the
default Java runtime classes was something like libgcj (or some other
non-sun implementation).  That could be your problem.

I usually don't use the JDK that comes with the package manager - just
to make sure everything is in the exact version that I want it.

~ Leon

On Sun, 2007-09-23 at 16:07 -0500, david wrote:
> Hello roller gurus and users, I have recently downloaded roller. My intentions are to deploy roller on my Debian box. The only success I have had installing anything on my Debian box is to compile the target app on the Debian box directly. So, I would like to compile roller for a successful install on my Debian box such that I can have my blog back and not have to use Blojsom. Unfortunately, I am having a lot a problems compiling roller. When I run ant I get 3,967 errors. Many of the problems are imports that cannot be resolved because I am minus very many jars and classes obviously. And, it appears these missing classes and jars need to be in the CLASSPATH. How to get all of the contributing jars and classes to make the compiler happy? I have read all of the PDF and HTML doco and I have Googled this problem to ad nauseum. Any and all ideas, suggestions and rants and raves welcomed. Please advise, David.

This email, including attachments, is intended only for the addressee
and may be confidential, privileged and subject to copyright.  If you
have received this email in error, please advise the sender and delete
it.  If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must not
use, copy or disclose its content to anyone.  You must not copy or
communicate to others content that is confidential or subject to
copyright, unless you have the consent of the content owner.

Re: 3967 errors: compile roller for Debian install to replace Blojsom blog

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On 9/24/07, david <da...@davidwbrown.name> wrote:
> Hello skipjack, I am using the Sun JDK. I am compiling locally on my Windows box and deploying to the Debian. For now, I am skipping the source compile and my efforts are not to just deploy the roller.war binary instead. Unfortunately, I am having problems with the WEB-INF/web.xml file. The logs are showing the roller.war (no actual war file) is incompletely deployed. I can reply with the actual log output if you think it will shed light. Please advise, David.

Sounds like something is terribly wrong with your JDK setup or
something. Compiling Roller is as easy as this:

% svn checkout  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/roller/trunk
% cd trunk/apps/weblogger
% ant dist

And you'll find the Roller webapp in build/webapp.

So I wonder:
- What verison of Roller are you trying to compile?
- What version and version number of Java?
- How did you obtain the source?
- What command did you run to compile Roller?
- Can you are console output for the first 30 or so errors?

- Dave

Re: 3967 errors: compile roller for Debian install to replace Blojsom blog

Posted by david <da...@davidwbrown.name>.
Hello skipjack, I am using the Sun JDK. I am compiling locally on my Windows box and deploying to the Debian. For now, I am skipping the source compile and my efforts are not to just deploy the roller.war binary instead. Unfortunately, I am having problems with the WEB-INF/web.xml file. The logs are showing the roller.war (no actual war file) is incompletely deployed. I can reply with the actual log output if you think it will shed light. Please advise, David.

skipjack wrote ..

Posted by skipjack <sk...@gmail.com>.