Posted to users@maven.apache.org by thomas2004 <th...@yahoo.de> on 2008/09/21 12:04:22 UTC

How to create the ".project" file?

I use "mvn archetype:create -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.maven.archetypes
-DarchetypeArtifactId=maven-archetype-webapp -DgroupId=com.mycompany.app
-DartifactId=TestWebApp" to create a project. But I have to create the
".project" file sothat I can import the project in Eclipse. Surely I can use
mvn eclipse:eclipse to create the ".project". But is there another way
(another maven command) to do this?

Re: How to create the ".project" file?

Posted by Baptiste MATHUS <ml...@batmat.net>.
Hi Thomas,

See maven-eclipse-plugin, and mvn eclipse:eclipse,
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-eclipse-plugin/eclipse-mojo.html.
If you wish, you could also try m2eclipse by using mvn eclipse:m2eclipse,
but note that you'll have to install m2eclipse from the sonatype update site
before.

Cheers.

2008/9/21 thomas2004 <th...@yahoo.de>

> I use "mvn archetype:create -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.maven.archetypes
> -DarchetypeArtifactId=maven-archetype-webapp -DgroupId=com.mycompany.app
> -DartifactId=TestWebApp" to create a project. But I have to create the
> ".project" file sothat I can import the project in Eclipse. Surely I can
> use
> mvn eclipse:eclipse to create the ".project". But is there another way
> (another maven command) to do this?

Sauvez un arbre,
Mangez un castor !

RE: How to create the ".project" file?

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
if .project is not in .cvsignore file

if maven-plugin knows where M2_REPO is located e.g.
mvn eclipse:configure-workspace -Declipse.workspace=<path to the workspace> goto project root
mvn eclipse:eclipseand eclipse files will be created

http://swik.net/Spring/Spring+Framework+News/How+to+create+a+Spring-DM+bundle+project+using+Maven+(and+Eclipse...)/cbyax

hth
Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Googling for "maven eclipse" reveals the following 2 links at the top:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-ide-eclipse.html
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-eclipse-plugin/

Is there a specific question you have which is not sufficiently
covered in that documentation?

Wayne

Posted by Eugene Kuleshov <eu...@md.pp.ru>.

thomas2004 wrote:

> I use "mvn archetype:create -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.maven.archetypes
> -DarchetypeArtifactId=maven-archetype-webapp -DgroupId=com.mycompany.app
> -DartifactId=TestWebApp" to create a project. But I have to create the
> ".project" file sothat I can import the project in Eclipse. Surely I can
> use mvn eclipse:eclipse to create the ".project". But is there another way
> (another maven command) to do this?

If you are using Eclipse, you could save yourself trouble of using
archetype:create and importing projects, by using an IDE support for Maven.
For example, with m2eclipse you can do everything in one step and also use
convenient UI for selecting your archetypes.
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/M2ECLIPSE/Creating+Maven+projects

  regards,
  Eugene