Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/08 03:18:07 UTC

Re: svn commit: r920167 - /commons/proper/commons-parent/trunk/pom.xml

On 08/03/2010, niallp@apache.org <ni...@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: niallp
>  Date: Mon Mar  8 01:06:20 2010
>  New Revision: 920167

>  Log:
>  Move the maven-javadoc-plugin's <source> configuration out of <pluginManagement> and back to profiles
>  (Can't run mvn -Ptrunks-proper site because the "source" is set once (to 1.3) for all components when using <pluginManagement>)

That problem might perhaps have been avoided if source and target were
not defined in the parent pom? Or is it a different problem?

Re: svn commit: r920167 - /commons/proper/commons-parent/trunk/pom.xml

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 2:18 AM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 08/03/2010, niallp@apache.org <ni...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Author: niallp
>>  Date: Mon Mar  8 01:06:20 2010
>>  New Revision: 920167

>>  Log:
>>  Move the maven-javadoc-plugin's <source> configuration out of <pluginManagement> and back to profiles
>>  (Can't run mvn -Ptrunks-proper site because the "source" is set once (to 1.3) for all components when using <pluginManagement>)
>
> That problem might perhaps have been avoided if source and target were
> not defined in the parent pom?

It may have but I don't believe that would be the correct solution to
this problem because it would just be masking a potential issue.

> Or is it a different problem?

Its only really a problem when using the *convenience* profile
(trunks-proper) for all components and an issue of how
<pluginManagement> affects multi-module projects. The reality is
though that Commons are separate components and not one big
multi-module project - so this is more annoying than anything else.

Niall