Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Lonnie Lewis <lo...@hp.com> on 2011/11/29 15:35:20 UTC

generate-test-resources lifecycle question

I am working on a simple prototype project that involves (re)creating an HSQL
database from JPA objects. The build works fine, but I notice the tasks in
"generate-test-resources" are run multiple times.

My build includes:

      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
        <artifactId>hibernate3-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>2.2</version>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <id>generate-db</id>
            <phase>generate-test-resources</phase>
            <goals>
              <goal>hbm2ddl</goal>
            </goals>
            <configuration>
              <components>
                <component>
                  <name>hbm2ddl</name>
                  <implementation>jpaconfiguration</implementation>
                </component>
              </components>
              <componentProperties>
                <persistenceunit>demo</persistenceunit>
                <outputfilename>schema.ddl</outputfilename>
                <drop>false</drop>
                <create>true</create>
                <export>true</export>
                <format>true</format>
              </componentProperties>
            </configuration>
          </execution>
        </executions>
        <dependencies>
          <dependency>
            <groupId>org.hsqldb</groupId>
            <artifactId>hsqldb</artifactId>
            <version>2.0.0</version>
            <scope>compile</scope>
          </dependency>
        </dependencies>
        <configuration>
          <components>
            <component>
              <name>hbm2ddl</name>
              <implementation>jpaconfiguration</implementation>
            </component>
          </components>
          <componentProperties>
            <persistenceunit>demo</persistenceunit>
            <outputfilename>schema.ddl</outputfilename>
            <drop>false</drop>
            <create>true</create>
            <export>true</export>
            <format>true</format>
          </componentProperties>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>

Which is being executed 8 times in the build. Is that supposed to happen? We
are required to use a parent POM by the customer, and I don't really know
what it is doing. Could that be causing a problem?

Is there a way to display the lifecycle goals as the build is progressing?

Re: generate-test-resources lifecycle question

Posted by Lonnie Lewis <lo...@hp.com>.
The processing that I am writing about is not in the parent POM, it is in my
"child" POM.

Re: generate-test-resources lifecycle question

Posted by Zilvinas Vilutis <ci...@gmail.com>.
Basically parent pom defines the project ( modules ) and rules for all
child poms that will be applied for each of the children, so you would
not need to re-write them ( e.g. dependency versions, plugin versions,
plugin execution & etc. )

Did you define this in your parent pom?

Žilvinas Vilutis

Mobile:   (+1) 623 330 6048