Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by ryan p bobko <ry...@ostrich-emulators.com> on 2004/05/24 22:42:51 UTC

missing schemas during validation?

Hi Folks,
I'm just getting my feet wet with Xerces (2.6.2), and I'm trying to
validate an XML file against a XSD schema. I'm using the
noNamespaceLocation property during the validation, and I've noticed
that if I point to a non-existing location for the schema, I get a
"cannot find the declaration of element ..." error. However, if I point
to the actual schema location but have an improperly formed XML file, I
get the same error.

My question seems simple enough, but I can't find its answer: how do I
tell the difference between these two distinct situations?

Thanks for your help,

ry