Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Torsten Erler <er...@net-linx.de> on 2002/04/10 15:06:49 UTC

need help xalan-J images

I'm using XALAN Java 2 to translate "xsl" stylesheets to "fo" and the result
to "pdf"
I have to insert a graphic using URL from xml file

<fo:block text-align="center">
	<fo:external-graphic height="21cm" width="18cm" scaling="uniform">
		<xsl:attribute name="src">
			<xsl:value-of select="additional/filePath"/>
		</xsl:attribute>
	</fo:external-graphic>
</fo:block>

This works fine, but all images are scaled to the specified height and
width.
If I remove this attributes, all images greater than page size
	(<fo:simple-page-master master-name="A4" page-width="210mm">)
produce an infinite loop on translation.
I tried to use "max-height" and "max-width", but xalan ignores this and
tells me:
	Warning: property - "max-height" is not implemented yet.
	Warning: property - "max-width" is not implemented yet.

Can anyone tell me another solution to find out whether the image must be
scaled to fit the page size or not?

ThanX Torsten

pdf vs. awt

Posted by Henrik Holle <hh...@megatel.de>.
hi,

i have a xsl:fo document with large tables. In the awt preview, the tables
on the pages fit excactly to DIN A4, but the pdf build with the same fo has
to small tables. is there any fix ?

regards

henrik