Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ashok Jain <aj...@hotmail.com> on 2004/07/10 09:24:34 UTC

Error getting catalina context in struts action.

Hi All,

I am implementing a custom JDBCRealm security for my struts application. I
have configured the login page path in web.xml and have mapped the path in
struts-config.xml. When a user tries to access a restricted page it is
directed to the login page.
After entering userName and password, hitting the submit button caused a
null pointer exception as it expects a Catalina Container context object.
THis is because I have overridden the method

authenticate(HttpRequest request,
		HttpResponse response,LoginConfig config)  in AuthenticatedBase.java
in my authentication class called from submit action. THis LoginCOnfig
object can be obtained from the context object which unfortunately coming as
null.

Am I doing something wrong? Please help.

Thanks
A J