Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Guido García Bernardo <gu...@ribera.tel.uva.es> on 2003/09/26 13:41:06 UTC

Struts vs JSP : Validators

What do you think about "Struts validators" vs "JSF validators" ?
(advantages, etc)

I think you encourage the user to migrate to jsf html tags instead of
using the struts ones (at least for new projects), but what about
validators?

Regards.

Re: Struts vs JSP : Validators

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.
Guido García Bernardo wrote:

> What do you think about "Struts validators" vs "JSF validators" ?
> (advantages, etc)

> I think you encourage the user to migrate to jsf html tags instead of
> using the struts ones (at least for new projects), but what about
> validators?

This isn't really an either-or choice.  You can use the Struts
validation framework (including its support for client side Javascript)
if you use the struts-faces integration library.

Craig

Re: Struts vs JSP : Validators

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
In the context of "new development" You might be thinking of the JSTL
tags (struts-el). Since JavaServer Faces is still in the Early Access
stage, I don't believe any of us would be recommending JSF for new
development that you planned on shipping yourself. The Early Access
license says that "Licensee shall have no right to use the Software for
productive or commercial use."

-Ted.

Guido García Bernardo wrote:

> What do you think about "Struts validators" vs "JSF validators" ?
> (advantages, etc)
>
> I think you encourage the user to migrate to jsf html tags instead of
> using the struts ones (at least for new projects), but what about
> validators?
>
> Regards.

Ted Husted,
   Junit in Action  - <http://www.manning.com/massol/>,