Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Kristian Waagan <Kr...@Sun.COM> on 2006/08/29 17:15:08 UTC

Recent work on COALESCE?

Hi,

Can anyone remember doing some work on COALESCE lately?
A user is seeing a bug in versions earlier than 10.3/trunk, but in trunk
the problem is gone.
We should consider backporting this fix.

Jira DERBY-1774 tracks the bug.

Kristian

Re: Recent work on COALESCE?

Posted by Kristian Waagan <Kr...@Sun.COM>.
Mamta Satoor wrote:
> Kristian,
>
> I did a search on COALESCE and found recent activity related to it as
> part of DERBY-1574. This jira entry may have nothing to do with issue at
> hand but I thought I would share.

Thanks Mamta,

Dag also commented on this issue. I found out that DERBY-1574 itself is
not enough to fix the NPE reported by the user. Further investigation
led to the conclusion that commit 437070 (DERBY-883) fixes the problem,
although I don't know why. DERBY-1574 is already in 10.2, but patch 6 of
DERBY-883 is not.

I added a comment to the latter Jira, asking if it will be merged to 10.2

--
Kristian

Re: Recent work on COALESCE?

Posted by Mamta Satoor <ms...@gmail.com>.