Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Wolf Halton <wo...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/02 03:35:13 UTC

Re: AOO nears graduation

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 11:14 AM, Ross Gardler
<rg...@opendirective.com>wrote:

> I just published a piece on ComputerWorld titled "Is OpenOffice.org an
> Apache project yet?" [1]
>
> In this piece I examine what the common behaviours found in a typical
> Apache Top Level Project are and comment on how AOO is performing in
> these respects. When reading this peice you must bear in mind that I
> am only one mentor and others might have different opinions.
> Nevertheless, I'm sufficiently confident in my position on this to
> state them publicly.
>
> Well done AOO
>
> Ross
>
> [1]
> http://blogs.computerworlduk.com/apache-asserts/2012/04/is-openofficeorg-an-apache-project-yet/index.htm
>
> --
> Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
> Programme Leader (Open Development)
> OpenDirective http://opendirective.com

Thanks for the nice write-up, Ross.  Your multi-project experience in "The
Apache Way" and all the mentors' demonstration of that has made the
transition easier for all of us.

Wolf

Assisting Libraries in Assessing Open-Source Software - http://foss4lib.org