Posted to users@flex.apache.org by cxjepa <su...@karsim.net> on 2015/12/11 22:36:58 UTC

COmpile Blazeds from scratch

Hi all,
I'm in the process of compiling the source code of apache blazeds, by the
way there are some doubts I'm still facing. My intention is to compile with
JDK 8, then use the result in tomcat 8.
Are there some details I'm missing so that my goal could be considered not
reasonable? If yes, I could avoid some trial and error waste of time.
Thanks in advance,
Greetings
Simone

AW: AW: COmpile Blazeds from scratch

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
I think that is due to the fact that the Ant stuff it lying around and is thereby packaged with the source bundle.
Currently BlazeDS only consists of the "modules" directory ... if you have a look at the stuff in there, it should reference Maven and explain how to do things.

I will delete the Ant stuff in the next days (Will be really glad to do that) ... in the 4.8.0 branch I have already done that cleaning up. And as that's the branch where I am working on (or at least planning to) and that will become the "develop" branch, I would recommend you have a look at that.

Chris

following the README included in the distribution, I could not find any
reference or dependency on maven, I'm a bit confused.
I downloaded the distribution form apache web site and I found another one
mirrored here https://github.com/apache/flex-blazeds/blob/master/README.
Both requiere ANT to compile.
Is there something i'm missing?

Re: AW: COmpile Blazeds from scratch

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
It should be quite straight forward ...

BlazeDS is built with Maven unfortunately the old ANT stuff is still lying around (Have started cleaning that up though in the "4.8.0" branch. In develop you simply need to go into the modules directory and run "mvn install" ... that should to the trick.

If you need any help, just ask ... I'll be glad to help you.

Chris