Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by john <jo...@ateb.com> on 2011/06/02 22:13:24 UTC

statisticsBrokerPlugin with Camel in Servicemix

I'm running the fuse 4.2.0-fuse-02-00 release.

It includes activemq 5.3.1 along with Camel 2.2 all running in ServiceMix.

The two work great together, but now I'm trying to use the
statisticsBrokerPlugin to query the number of messages on a queue.

I've attempted this several different ways in Camel, finally falling back to
the example route in the ActiveMQ in Action book but I still can't get a
response from the plugin. I have updated the activemq.xml file to include
the plugin.

Every time I send a message to the statistics queue, I get an error because
the Camel route does not get a response within 20 seconds.

Any help on how to determine whether the plugin is really active or how to
trace where things are falling apart is appreciated.

Thanks!

-john

RE: statisticsBrokerPlugin with Camel in Servicemix

Posted by john <jo...@ateb.com>.
For what it's worth, I found the issue. I didn't realize that when ActiveMQ
is running in ServiceMix you need to update the "activemq.xml" bundle to get
changes in the file to be loaded. Once I did that, I can see the
statisticsBrokerPlugin load up.

Posted by john <jo...@ateb.com>.
Yes, I tried going to ActiveMQ.Statistics.Broker. I assume that using
the <inOut> in Camel takes care of setting the replyTo.

I finally created a unit test to run. This led to realize that it
doesn't look like I get a statistics for a queue response back if no
messages have been sent to the queue or if there is not a Camel consumer
for the given queue. I've moved over to using the Broker statistics as
you suggest while I get the route straight.

I'm now to the point that I'm trying to use the same code from my
working unit test in my servicemix deployed app. Even with working xml
route moved from the unit test to my bundle I get the Camel timeout on a
response.

Is there a way to query activemq to ensure that my configuration change
to the activemq.xml file which includes the statistics plugin took?

That configuration the only difference I can think of between my unit
test and the deployed app.

Thanks,

-john

have you tried sending a message to ActiveMQ.Statistics.Broker - to see
if you get a response (you need to set the replyTo destination on the
message) ?

On 2 Jun 2011, at 21:13, john wrote:

> I'm running the fuse 4.2.0-fuse-02-00 release.
>
> It includes activemq 5.3.1 along with Camel 2.2 all running in
ServiceMix.

> The two work great together, but now I'm trying to use the
> statisticsBrokerPlugin to query the number of messages on a queue.
>
> I've attempted this several different ways in Camel, finally falling
back to
> the example route in the ActiveMQ in Action book but I still can't get
> response from the plugin. I have updated the activemq.xml file to
include
> the plugin.
>
> Every time I send a message to the statistics queue, I get an error
because
> the Camel route does not get a response within 20 seconds.
>
> Any help on how to determine whether the plugin is really active or
how to
> trace where things are falling apart is appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -john

click here
<http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=un
subscribe_by_code&node=3569286&code=am9obi5mYW5zbGVyQGF0ZWIuY29tfDM1Njky
ODZ8NDMzMDUyNDYz> .

Re: statisticsBrokerPlugin with Camel in Servicemix

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.