Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Martin Ahrer <ma...@gmx.at> on 2007/10/01 18:36:33 UTC

[Trinidad]Dialog framework restricted to faces servlet path mapping ???

Im facing a strange behaviour with popping up dialog windows when using
extension mapping for the servlet.

I have a servlet mapping like:
	<servlet-mapping>
		<servlet-name>faces</servlet-name>
		<url-pattern>*.faces</url-pattern>
	</servlet-mapping>

and a navigation rule

	<navigation-rule>
		<from-view-id>/application/reportviewer/reportviewer.jspx</from-view-id>
		<navigation-case>
			<from-action>#{reportViewerController.run}</from-action>
			<from-outcome>dialog:success</from-outcome>
			<to-view-id>/application/reportviewer/report.jspx</to-view-id>
		</navigation-case>
	</navigation-rule>

The managed bean method "run" returns "dialog:success" but the view as
implemented in the <to-view-id> does not get called!
Instead a popup window shows up with some error message saying that the
requested URL does not exist

"....
The requested resource (/birt-web-0.2.4-SNAPSHOT/__ADFv__.jspx) is not
available.
...".

So it seems something creates a URL that is totally screwed up!

As soon as I switch to wildcard mapping

	<servlet>
		<servlet-name>faces</servlet-name>
		<load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
	</servlet>
	<servlet-mapping>
		<servlet-name>faces</servlet-name>
		<url-pattern>/faces/*</url-pattern>
	</servlet-mapping>

the dialog popup works as expected!

Is there any known requirement regarding the faces servlet mapping with
trinidad? Thanks for your hints!

Re: [Trinidad]Dialog framework restricted to faces servlet path mapping ???

Posted by Martin Ahrer <ma...@gmx.at>.
I guess when referring to most recent "Sun RI revs" you are talking about JSF
1.2 revs. I'm running with latest 1.1  Sun RI :-((

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.