Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Support <su...@xcaptor.com> on 2019/08/09 17:25:20 UTC

Tomcat 9 admin role password issue

Hi Sir,

I try to set up a new Tomcat 9.0.11 with manager-GUI enabled and with
hashed passwords in tomcat-user.xml for manager login  and I can log in
into the manager-GUI BUT not with the real password but only the hashed
password string. So it is likely that Tomcat uses the hashed password as a
real password. So I don't know what to do. Please help!  Thanks in advance

In server.xml I add this

<Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.LockOutRealm">
    <!-- This Realm uses the UserDatabase configured in the global JNDI
         resources under the key "UserDatabase".  Any edits
         that are performed against this UserDatabase are immediately
         available for use by the Realm.  -->
           resourceName="UserDatabase" >
            <CredentialHandler
className="org.apache.catalina.realm.MessageDigestCredentialHandler"
algorithm="sha-256" />
  </Realm></Realm>

Regards,
Sandeep Raghav