Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@iguanait.com> on 2007/10/17 18:11:11 UTC

WorkEffort question

Hi ofbizians,

I am looking at WorkEfforts and i am little confused. I see that orders,
quotes, requests can be associated to WorkEfforts. This is what i need. My
question is why this connection (for example OrderHeaderWorkEffort enity) do
not use fromDate - thruDate pattern ? If i delete an order from workeffort
it is removed from OrderHeaderWorkEffort entity and it is not logged
anywhere that this order was associated to this workeffort.
I checked in Data Model book but could not see anything related to this
entity. May be i am missing something obvious.
Any help is appreciated.

Bilgin Ibryam

Re: WorkEffort question

Posted by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@iguanait.com>.

Jacopo,

I also had this in mind but was not sure that it is a good idea. (Also i was
afraid to manipulate so many  tasks :)
Now i am sure that this is the right way. I should create a main task, and
child tasks for every order associated to the main task.

Thansks Jacopo

Re: WorkEffort question

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
Bilgin Ibryam wrote:

> David,
>> What would it mean to have (or what would you do with) from/thru
>> dates on that entity?
>
> I want to create workEffort (tasks) to users, then to associate orders to
> this task, meaning this person with this task is responsible for taking care
> (= completing the order, and RECEIVING PAYMENTS for the order invoices) of
> these orders. But at some point i want to know which orders are ready and
> could be removed from task (workEffort).

What about using one task per order? In this way when the task is
completed-->the order is ready too; you can group together many tasks
associating them to one work effort (if you need it).

Does it make sense?

Jacopo

Re: WorkEffort question

Posted by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@iguanait.com>.

David,
>What would it mean to have (or what would you do with) from/thru
>dates on that entity?

I want to create workEffort (tasks) to users, then to associate orders to
this task, meaning this person with this task is responsible for taking care
(= completing the order, and RECEIVING PAYMENTS for the order invoices) of
these orders. But at some point i want to know which orders are ready and
could be removed from task (workEffort). Inserting from thru dates, i can

Re: WorkEffort question

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
On Oct 20, 2007, at 6:48 PM, Bilgin Ibryam wrote:

> Jacques,
>
> Not WorkEffortAssoc , i am asking about OrderHeaderWorkEffort entity.
> It has only two fields :
>         <field name="orderId" type="id-ne"></field>
>         <field name="workEffortId" type="id-ne"></field>
>
> This entity is populated from WorkEffort->Orders screen. There you
> can add
> order Ids to the current workeffort. But there is also a delete
> button,
> which removes this workEffort <-->OrderHeader association.
> If we add from thru dates to this entity, we can keep the
> associated orders
> history.
> Before creating a jira issue, i wanted to ask is there a special
> reason for
> not adding from-thru date fields to  OrderHeaderWorkEffort entity?
>
> Any feedback is appreciated.

This probably isn't what you're looking for, but is the real answer
to the question:

What would it mean to have (or what would you do with) from/thru
dates on that entity?

That's why they aren't there.

-David

Re: WorkEffort question

Re: WorkEffort question

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
This is done thru the WorkEffortAssoc isn'it ?

Jacques

De : "Bilgin Ibryam" <bi...@iguanait.com>

Re: WorkEffort question

Posted by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@iguanait.com>.
May be someone can give me an idea, how can i associate orders and created
invoices to a person who should be responsible for completing the orders and
receiving the payments to invoices. For now i guess only through creating
workeffort and using OrderHeaderWorkEffort to assign orders ?

Any comments are appreciated.