Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/09 04:37:48 UTC

UnknownHostException after upgrade from 1.0.3 > 1.1.1

Hi All,

Over @Nutch, we are experiencing failed builds on our nightly CI builds
after the above upgrade.
This happens on the Jenkins (Solaris and Ubuntu) builds but NOT on local
operating systems. This has been verified by numerous members of the
community.
The stack we get is appended below.
So far we've located some threads [0][1][2] which display 'similar'
behaviour, however no solution is jumping out as obvious at this point in
time.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, we would like to get stable builds
back online.
Thank you very much in advance.

Lewis

[0] : http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Nutch-Crawling-error-td612107.html
[1] : http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2012/02/hadoop-standalone-installation/
[2] : http://www.mail-archive.com/user@cassandra.apache.org/msg16668.html

java.net.UnknownHostException: -s: -s
	at java.net.InetAddress.getLocalHost(InetAddress.java:1354)
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient$2.run(JobClient.java:936)
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient$2.run(JobClient.java:912)
	at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1136)
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.submitJobInternal(JobClient.java:912)
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.submitJob(JobClient.java:886)
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.runJob(JobClient.java:1323)
	at org.apache.nutch.crawl.Generator.generate(Generator.java:551)
	at org.apache.nutch.crawl.Generator.generate(Generator.java:465)
	at org.apache.nutch.crawl.TestGenerator.generateFetchlist(TestGenerator.java:313)
	at org.apache.nutch.crawl.TestGenerator.testFilter(TestGenerator.java:259)

--
*Lewis*

Re: UnknownHostException after upgrade from 1.0.3 > 1.1.1

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andy,

This is perfect.

Thanks for the heads up.

Lewis

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andy,

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andy,

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.
Cool, thanks for tracking it down Lewis!! :)

Fwd: UnknownHostException after upgrade from 1.0.3 > 1.1.1

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andy,

Posted by Andy Isaacson <ad...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Andy Isaacson <ad...@cloudera.com>.