Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2010/01/12 21:35:08 UTC

New jndi contexts

The javaee 6 spec requires some new jndi contexts.  I've opened
GERONIMO-5025 and plan to look into implementing this support.  It
looks fairly straightforward, but comments and advice are always
welcome.

thanks
david jencks

Re: New jndi contexts

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
The code for a lot of this, plus integration of the aries osgi jndi
service-related stuff, is pretty much done and I haven't found
problems yet.  On the other hand I haven't found a good way to test it
yet.

One problem with the aries jndi stuff is that I had to write something
to set up the rmi urlContextHandler and used the sun implementation.
The osgi bits are mostly set up in a blueprint plan in rmi-naming.

The bits I know about missing from the ee6 jndi are:

1. no checking for duplicate specification of entries in module,
application, or global contexts
2. unclear how module and comp relate for web apps
3. no support yet for jndi specification in application.xml
4. app client global jndi support only has entries from the current
app, it doesn't connect to the server to find out what other apps
might or might not have made available.  Things like binding a local
ejb in global or app context and seeing what happens in an app context
have not yet been investigated.... I suppose the logical thing would
be to start up an embedded ejb container in the app client :-)

thanks
david jencks