Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Roehl, Dan" <Da...@austinenergy.com> on 2004/07/12 21:59:05 UTC

FW: Getting NT Authorization Right with mod_auth_sspi.so

I am running SVN 1.0.0 with apache 2.0
I am trying to set up the NT AD authentication properly
I have the mod_auth_sspi.so + patch from tigris website.

Here is from my httpd.conf:
<Location /svn/repos>
  DAV svn
  SVNPath /svn/repos
  AuthType SSPI
  SSPIAuth On
  SSPIAuthoritative On
  SSPIOfferBasic On
  SSPIDomain myDomain.net
  AuthName " Subversion Repositories"
  AuthzSVNAccessFile D:/Apache2/etc/svnaccessfile
  Require valid-user
 </Location>

Here are the contents of my svnaccessfile

[groups]
foo = domain\user

[/]
# to allow everyone read access
* = r

[/svn/repos/App]
@foo = rw

Any suggestions on how to do this right? I have rtfm and googled and
searched the lists to no avail. What should the ntfs permissions be on the
repository folder? Does that matter (seems like it should not)?

I am so close....

- THX

Re: FW: Getting NT Authorization Right with mod_auth_sspi.so

Posted by Toby Johnson <to...@etjohnson.us>.
Roehl, Dan wrote:

>I am running SVN 1.0.0 with apache 2.0
>I am trying to set up the NT AD authentication properly
>I have the mod_auth_sspi.so + patch from tigris website.
>
>Here is from my httpd.conf:
><Location /svn/repos>
>  DAV svn
>  SVNPath /svn/repos
>  AuthType SSPI
>  SSPIAuth On
>  SSPIAuthoritative On
>  SSPIOfferBasic On
>  SSPIDomain myDomain.net
>  AuthName " Subversion Repositories"
>  AuthzSVNAccessFile D:/Apache2/etc/svnaccessfile
>  Require valid-user
> </Location>
>
>Here are the contents of my svnaccessfile
>
>[groups]
>foo = domain\user
>
>[/]
># to allow everyone read access
>* = r
>
>[/svn/repos/App]
>@foo = rw
>

>Any suggestions on how to do this right?

What exactly is the problem you're having? What isn't working as you
expect, and what error messages are you getting? Have you checked
Apache's access.log and error.log?

Re: FW: Getting NT Authorization Right with mod_auth_sspi.so

Posted by Felix Collins <fe...@keyghost.com>.
Here's mine Dan.

#Subversion repositories location configuration
<Location /repos>
   Dav svn
   SVNParentPath D:/repos
   #NT Domain auth config
   AuthType SSPI
   SSPIAuth On
   SSPIAuthoritative On
   SSPIOfferBasic On
   AuthName "Subversion repository"
   AuthzSVNAccessFile "C:\Program Files\Apache
Group\Apache2\conf\svnaccessfile.txt"
   Require valid-user
</Location>

Make sure you have the sspi module loaded or compiled in.  Your
svnaccessfile looks ok.

Can you post the error log and access log from Apache to show what is
going wrong?

hope that helps...

Felix