Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> on 2014/10/25 06:30:44 UTC

[Discuss] Update Autoscaling/Deployment Policies in Runtime

Hi All,

We have now implemented a new feature to allow users to update Autoscaling
and Deployment policies in runtime.

This feature is exposed via the REST API and the CLI has been updated with
two new commands:

update-autoscaling-policy -p <policy-file-path>
update-deployment-policy -p <policy-file-path>

Thanks

--
Imesh Gunaratne

Technical Lead, WSO2
Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos

Re: [Discuss] Update Autoscaling/Deployment Policies in Runtime

Posted by Isuru Haththotuwa <is...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Oct 26, 2014 at 5:26 PM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 26, 2014 at 3:48 PM, Isuru Haththotuwa <is...@apache.org>
>  wrote:
>

>> On Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 9:57 PM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>
>>  wrote:
>>
>>> A good point, we might need to manage policies against the subscriptions
>>> to do this.
>>> I think we will also need to have the ability to update global policies.
>>>
>> Or else we can manage policies against users, so that one user updating
>> the policy will not have any affect on another user.

> creating a copy of the selected policy for the subscrription and persist it
> against the subscription. As a result the tenant who made this subscription
> can update the policy without affecting the other subscriptions which are
> using the same policy.

+1

> Is any meaning to do this against users because the scope of a cartridge
> subscription is its tenant. Within a tenant many users should be able to
> manage their policies. May be we can introduce a secuity role to handle
> this.

AFAIU the scope of a subscription is a tenant user, not a tenant, with the
new user mgt model. However, handling policies for subscriptions as you
suggested above will solve this AFAIU.

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.

Posted by Manula Chathurika Thantriwatte <ma...@wso2.com>.
Hi,

+1 for manage policies against users.

wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 9:57 PM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> A good point, we might need to manage policies against the subscriptions
>> to do this.
>> I think we will also need to have the ability to update global policies.
>>
> Or else we can manage policies against users, so that one user updating
> the policy will not have any affect on another user.
>

>> On Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 10:17 AM, Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>
>> wrote:

>>> In another word, user can use existing policies as it or they can change
>>> it to suit their requirement.

>>> --
>>> Lakmal Warusawithana
>>> Vice President, Apache Stratos
>>> Director - Cloud Architecture; WSO2 Inc.
>>> Mobile : +94714289692
>>> Blog : http://lakmalsview.blogspot.com/
>>>

>> --
>> Imesh Gunaratne
>>
>> Technical Lead, WSO2
>> Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos
>>
>> --
>> Thanks and Regards,
>>
>> Isuru H.
>> +94 716 358 048* <http://wso2.com/>*
>>

>> * <http://wso2.com/>*

Manula Chathurika Thantriwatte
Software Engineer
WSO2 Inc. : http://wso2.com
lean . enterprise . middleware

email : manulac@wso2.com / manula@apache.org
phone : +94 772492511
blog : http://manulachathurika.blogspot.com/

Re: [Discuss] Update Autoscaling/Deployment Policies in Runtime

Posted by Isuru Haththotuwa <is...@apache.org>.

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.

Posted by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>.