Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Michael J. Long" <Mi...@cornerstone.net> on 2008/04/14 22:04:08 UTC

Bug in RequestLocaleManagerImpl?

I believe I have found a bug in RequestLocaleManagerImpl due to it
being a pooled service.

There is a member variable, _lastPersisted, which stores the last
Locale that was persisted (i.e., stored as a cookie). However, since
RequestLocaleManager is a pooled resource, that instance may be used
by another request that does not come from the same client (i.e., the
_lastPersisted does not apply).

I believe the RequestLocaleManagerImpl should implement the
PoolManageable interface and set the _lastPersisted to null in the
passivateService method. Is this the correct solution?