Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Eric A. Hall" <eh...@ehsco.com> on 2005/02/14 18:53:48 UTC

"Not found: pass = SPF_PASS"

I'm having some kind of problem with SPF and SA 3.02. SPF hasn't worked
for me since 3.0 actually, but I'm trying to nail down why, and am using
3.0.2 to try and figure this out.

Symptomatically, SA runs but SPF apparently does not. SA reports that it
cannot determine the envelope sender, and when it drops down to host-level
parsing, the process ends abruptly.

During 'make test' the following is generated:

| t/spf.......................    Not found: helo_pass =  SPF_HELO_PASS
| # Failed test 1 in t/SATest.pm at line 530
|         Not found: pass =  SPF_PASS
| # Failed test 2 in t/SATest.pm at line 530 fail #2
| t/spf.......................FAILED tests 1-2

|         Failed 2/2 tests, 0.00% okay

Mail::SPF::Query is installed and passes all tests during install. SA does
not report any other errors during install (other than being unable to
locate a Razor2 config) and runs fine other than SPF.

Anybody got any pointers for me?

Re: "Not found: pass = SPF_PASS"

Posted by "Eric A. Hall" <eh...@ehsco.com>.
On 2/14/2005 1:36 PM, Sandy S wrote:

> Do you use Sendmail?

Alas no, and Postfix has no means by which it can add an envelope header
before handing off to the proxy filter unfortunately.

Re: "Not found: pass = SPF_PASS"

Posted by Sandy S <sa...@boreal.org>.
Eric Hall wrote:
<snip>
> Symptomatically, SA runs but SPF apparently does not. SA reports that it
> cannot determine the envelope sender, and when it drops down to host-level
> parsing, the process ends abruptly.

Do you use Sendmail?  If so, you may have to configure it to expose the
sender address.  This information is in the USAGE file that comes with the
Spamassassin install:

"  - A very handy new feature is SPF support, which allows you to check
    that the message sender is permitted by their domain to send from the
    IP address used.  This has the potential to greatly cut down on mail
    forgery.  (see http://spf.pobox.com/ for more details.)   However,
    sendmail will not expose the MAIL FROM: sender address by default.  So
    if you're using sendmail, please add this to /etc/sendmail.cf :

      H?l?X-Envelope-From: $f
"

Sandy

Re: "Not found: pass = SPF_PASS"

Posted by "Eric A. Hall" <eh...@ehsco.com>.
On 2/14/2005 12:57 PM, Andy Jezierski wrote:

> What version of Net::DNS do you have installed?

cpan> install Net::DNS
CPAN: Storable loaded ok
Going to read /usr/lib/perl5/cpan/Metadata
  Database was generated on Mon, 14 Feb 2005 03:45:39 GMT
Net::DNS is up to date.

None of the DNS tests report any errors either.

I'm running perl 5.8.1 (came with SuSE 9.0) with the least amount of RPMs
possible, and everything else installed/updated via CPAN.

Re: "Not found: pass = SPF_PASS"

Posted by Andy Jezierski <aj...@stepan.com>.
"Eric A. Hall" <eh...@ehsco.com> wrote on 02/14/2005 11:53:48 AM:

> I'm having some kind of problem with SPF and SA 3.02. SPF hasn't worked
> for me since 3.0 actually, but I'm trying to nail down why, and am using
> 3.0.2 to try and figure this out.
>
> Symptomatically, SA runs but SPF apparently does not. SA reports that it
> cannot determine the envelope sender, and when it drops down to
host-level
> parsing, the process ends abruptly.
>
> During 'make test' the following is generated:
>
> | t/spf.......................    Not found: helo_pass =  SPF_HELO_PASS
> | # Failed test 1 in t/SATest.pm at line 530
> |         Not found: pass =  SPF_PASS
> | # Failed test 2 in t/SATest.pm at line 530 fail #2
> | t/spf.......................FAILED tests 1-2
>
> |         Failed 2/2 tests, 0.00% okay
>
> Mail::SPF::Query is installed and passes all tests during install. SA
does
> not report any other errors during install (other than being unable to
> locate a Razor2 config) and runs fine other than SPF.
>
> Anybody got any pointers for me?
>
> --
> Eric A. Hall http://www.ehsco.com/
> Internet Core Protocols http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/coreprot/

What version of Net::DNS do you have installed?  Check the SA UPGRADE doc
to make sure you have the correct version of the various perl modules
installed.

Andy