Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by sh...@accelrys.com on 2004/03/12 09:52:17 UTC

Few Suggestions

Hi,
I have two suggestion to concerned person.
** “_WINSOCKAPI_” is standard macro from Microsoft (defined in winsock.h)
but it has been redefined in “\include\apache1_3\os.h”. I feel it should
be renamed.

** In Axis CPP client two definition of XMLCh (typedef wchar_t XMLCh;
typedef unsigned short XMLCh;) has been used seemlessly. It works fine on
Windows but it give problem on other platform. Is it possible to be
consistent with single typedef throughout projects.

Thanks & Regards
Shiv Kumar

Re: Few Suggestions

Posted by sh...@accelrys.com.

> I have two suggestion to concerned person.
> ** “_WINSOCKAPI_” is standard macro from Microsoft (defined in
> winsock.h)
> but it has been redefined in “\include\apache1_3\os.h”. I feel it
> should
> be renamed.

os.h is a generated file when you build apache. we just copy it from
apache
install directory/include into $AXISCPP_HOME/include/apache1_3. Apparantly
this definition is only on windows apache os.h. In linux no such
definition
is generated

Shiv: I am not getting any error on Window Compilation. I am using
mainsoft(It compiles window code and produce Linux compatible binaries) to
compile same window code on LInux. Here it create problem because of
_WINSOCKAPI_ macro. Would not be it right to not uses standard macro
provided by Microsoft.

> ** In Axis CPP client two definition of XMLCh (typedef wchar_t XMLCh;
> typedef unsigned short XMLCh;) has been used seemlessly. It works fine
on
> Windows but it give problem on other platform. Is it possible to be
> consistent with single typedef throughout projects.

Could you explain this please. In my understanding you can choose to have
XMLCh represent wchar_t or unsigned short. not both

Shiv : There are more than 20 include files where these two definition
have been used interchangeably. Few of those files are.

Xmlstreamhandler.h, InputSource.cpp, VCPPDefs.hpp, TandemCCDefs.hpp,
SunKaiDefs.hpp, SunCCDefs.hpp, SCOCCDefs.hpp, PTXCCDefs.hpp,
OS400SetDefs.hpp, MVSCPPDefs.hpp, MIPSproDefs.hpp, IBMVAW32Defs.hpp,
IBMVAOS2Defs.hpp, HPCCDefs.hpp, GCCDefs.hpp, DECCXXDefs.hpp, CSetDefs.hpp,
CodeWarriorDefs.hpp, BorlandCDefs.hpp, XMLString.hpp, VCPPDefs.hpp,
TandemCCDefs.hpp, SunKaiDefs.hpp, SunCCDefs.hpp, SCOCCDefs.hpp,
MVSCPPDefs.hpp.

It would be better if we have only one definition of XMLCh throughout
projects.

 Thanks & Regards
 Shiv Kumar

Re: Few Suggestions

Posted by da...@opensource.lk.

> I have two suggestion to concerned person.
> ** “_WINSOCKAPI_” is standard macro from Microsoft (defined in
> winsock.h)
> but it has been redefined in “\include\apache1_3\os.h”. I feel it
> should
> be renamed.

os.h is a generated file when you build apache. we just copy it from apache
install directory/include into $AXISCPP_HOME/include/apache1_3. Apparantly
this definition is only on windows apache os.h. In linux no such definition
is generated

> ** In Axis CPP client two definition of XMLCh (typedef wchar_t XMLCh;
> typedef unsigned short XMLCh;) has been used seemlessly. It works fine on
> Windows but it give problem on other platform. Is it possible to be
> consistent with single typedef throughout projects.

Could you explain this please. In my understanding you can choose to have
XMLCh represent wchar_t or unsigned short. not both

damitha